Implementation Plan of the 3rd Qingdao · East Asia Copyright Creative
Boutique Exhibition Fair
The 3rd Qingdao · East Asia Copyright Creative Boutique Exhibition Fair is scheduled on April 14 to April 16, 2017 (hereinafter referred to as the “East Asia Copyright Fair”), aiming to strengthen copyright protection, vigorously implement the strategy of innovation-driven development, promote the mass entrepreneurship and innovation, accelerate the development of the copyright industry, and expand the international exchanges and cooperation in East Asia and other regions, by making full
use of Qingdao’s geographical advantage in the “Belt and Road Initiative” and in the development of the copyright industry and other related industries, while relying on the state-level Qingdao international copyright trading center. The Fair’s implementation plan is as follows:
Hosted by: Shandong Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television (Copyright Bureau), the People’s Government of Qingdao
Supported by: Chinese Publishing Association, China Copyright Association, China Film Copyright Association, China Music Copyright Association, China Audio-Video Copyright Association, Chinese Written Works Copyright Society, Images Copyright Society of China, Association International du Film d’Animation, International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, International Design Association
Organized by: Shandong Copyright Association, Qingdao Administrative Enforcement Bureau for Cultural Market
Undertaken by: Qingdao International Copyright Trading Center, Qingdao Copyright Protection Association, Qingdao City Media Group co., LTD., Qingdao Phoenix Century Media co., LTD, Qingdao SMI Artec Technology Co., Ltd.
II. Implementation Plan and Positioning
The 3rd “East Asia Copyright Fair” is scheduled on April 14 to April 16, 2017 in Qingdao Huaxiu International conference and exhibition center. The exhibition will highlight its high-end characteristics, expand its service goals and target customers, and realize the complementation of specialization and socialization. It will establish a platform for international and domestic exchanges, trade and cooperation for excellent copyright producers, exhibitors, traders, researchers and visitors. This exhibition will bring benefits to both exhibitors and the audience, and truly make the “East Asia Copyright Fair” a regional, professional and international boutique exhibition.
III. Operation Mode
“East Asia Copyright Fair” will adopt a mode of “the government as the guide, enterprises as the main body, together with market operation and social participation”. It will give full play to the role of the market in the exhibition resource allocation, intensify the market-oriented operation, and attract more well-known copyright creative enterprises.
IV. Exhibition Theme, Scale and Content
1. Exhibition theme
Copyright Promotes the Development, Creativity Fulfills the Dream
2. Exhibition scale
The exhibition plans to accommodate approximately 400 high-end, copyright and creativity related enterprises from both home and abroad, including over 180 famous domestic enterprises, over 60 enterprises in Shandong Province, over 130 enterprises in East Asia, and over 30 enterprises from Europe and the US. At the same time, it plans to sincerely invite over 3,000 domestic and foreign professional buyers.
3. Main contents
(1) Industrial design area. This area will exhibit the latest creative industrial designs, software and the latest achievements of information technology with copyright property from both home and abroad. It will further highlight the exhibition and trade of the “Internet +” products and the latest daily-use industrial design works. Main products for the exhibition and trade include 3D printing, robot technology, professional computer software and all kinds of daily-use electronic products with copyright property.
(2) Cultural creativity area. This area will showcase excellent works with the latest creative ideas from both home and abroad in fields of press and publication, film, television and music, animation and games, and arts. Items for trade include books, audio and video products, electronic publications, original film and television productions, new technologies and equipments for producing film, television and music, comics, animations, games and entertainment derivatives, e-sports, COSPLAY performances, animation experiences, etc.
(3) Guest of honor area. This exhibition will invite Japan as the guest of honor. “Guest of honor” will organize its leading enterprises and institutions in the copyright industry to participate in the exhibition.
(4) The national copyright model cities and copyright trading centers area. This area will invite national copyright model cities (including cities pursuing copyright model) such as Hangzhou, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Suzhou, Kunshan, Xiamen, Zhangjiagang and Dongguan, and state-level copyright trading centers such as Beijing, central China, Xi’an, to showcase copyright trading services and achievements of the copyright industry.
(5) Shandong copyright and creativity achievements area. This area will invite excellent copyright and creative enterprises and achievements in Shandong province to participate in the exhibition.
V. Main Activities During the Exhibition
1. “City Media Cup” International Youth Animation and Creativity Works Contest. This contest is held on behalf of ASIFA-China. It will invite international teenagers to participate in the contest with the theme of animations and comics. It encourages teenagers to take an active part in innovation and creativity, popularizes knowledge of copyright protection, and enhances public awareness of “respect for labor, respect for knowledge, respect for creation and respect for talents” in all sectors of society, especially teenagers. The contest invites teenagers aged from 12-35 across the globe, welcomes animation and comic entries, especially original works with healthy content, vivid figures, creative ideas, strong artistic appeal and aesthetics. The contest will start at the end of April, 2016 and finish the collection of works in March, 2017. Then its expert committee will vote for gold, silver, and bronze prizes, and the award ceremony will be held at the opening ceremony of the “East Asia Copyright Fair”. Some outstanding works will have the opportunity of on-site exhibition and trade.
2. The 1st “International Animation Peak Forum”. This forum will invite famous scholars and experts from both home and abroad to discuss and exchange views on the latest issues in animation creation and development.
3. Assessment and selection of the exhibits (products). It will organize experts to have on-site assessment and selection of exhibits. The selected outstanding creative works (products) will be awarded gold, silver and bronze prizes and be promoted.
4. China-South Korea CEO Summit and China-South Korea Young Entrepreneurs Innovation and Entrepreneurship Peak Forum. It will invite some high-end enterprises in copyright and creativity field from China and South Korea to carry out exchanges, promotion and cooperation.
5. Free copyright registration and consultation. During the exhibition, it will provide free copyright registration to all exhibitors from Shandong Province and all sectors of society. It will strive to open a state-level green channel of copyright registration and provide policy and law consultation on copyright protection and the development of copyright and creativity industry.
6. Internet promotion and trade of copyrighted works. From the end of 2016 to June, 2017, through internet platforms such as the official website of “East Asia Copyright Fair”, the Zoneyan (http://www.ubrworks.com/) of Qingdao International Copyright Trading Center, it will show exhibits and some copyrighted works and resources online for online promotion and trade, to advertise the exhibition in advance and consolidate and promote trading achievements.
7. Prize-giving contest of Internet copyright knowledge. It will popularize copyright knowledge by using “Internet +” thinking method. In December 2016, it will use the WeChat platform of “Eat Asia Copyright Fair” to run the Prize-giving contest of internet copyright knowledge. Meanwhile, before and after the “Eat Asia Copyright Fair”, all sectors of society can share pictures of copyrighted works and their comments. This activity will realize online and offline interaction and further the popularization and innovation of copyright knowledge by making full use of the “Internet +” mode.
8. Other activities. As required by the industry and exhibitors, the leading exhibition organizers will be responsible for holding forums or seminars on copyright and creativity, and establishing a high-end platform for the exchanges of copyright and creativity.
VI. Publicity and Promotion
This exhibition will make full use of state-level media and major websites, such as People’s Daily, Xinhua news agency, China Central Television (CCTV), China National Radio, Guangming Daily, Economic Daily, Science and Technology Daily, Workers’ Daily, Legal Daily, Economic Information Daily, China Daily, China Culture Daily, and China Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television Daily, related foreign media, Shandong and local media as well as the Internet, to have wide and deep publicity and promotion of the exhibition. During the exhibition, press conferences, guest interviews and other activities will be held as well.
“East Asia Copyright Fair” will effectively promote the development of the copyright and creativity industry and modern service industry in Shandong Province, even in East China, North China, Northeast China, areas along the Yellow River and the East Asia. At the same time, it will popularize copyright knowledge, enhance people’s awareness of copyright, and continuously give impetus to building innovative cities and an innovative country.
（英文名称：The 3rd Qingdao·East Asia Copyright Creative Boutique Exhibition Fair）